Thank you for considering volunteering at The Bakken Museum. The museum inspires discovery and creativity in thousands of people each year. This could not be done without the support of numerous volunteers who generously provide their time and resources..
The Bakken offers volunteer opportunities for people of all ages, with or without a science background. The museum provides flexible scheduling (days, evenings, weekends), a friendly staff and an excellent working environment.
We have opportunities in the following areas. The highlighted links have more information to read about:
Invention Programs Mentor
People of Science
Service Learning Volunteer
Special Event Assistant
Special Projects Assistant
- One complimentary Bakken Museum individual membership, including free museum admission. Volunteers must meet commitment requirements to receive and maintain membership status.
- Free or reduced price general admission to nearly 300 participating Association of Science-Technology Center (ASTC) Travel Passport program participants in the U.S. and abroad. Admission is subject to ASTC Travel Passport program guidelines.
- Invitation to a Behind-the-Scenes tour.
- Invitations and free admission for you and a guest to special events, exhibit openings and more.
- Discounts on kids’ educational programs.
- Discounts on purchases in the Museum Store.
- Free subscription to monthly Bakken Electric e-newsletter.
For information about volunteering, contact our Volunteer Manager, John Pawloski, at 612.926.3878, ext. 220 - email@example.com.